At the Center for Esophageal Diseases, our mission is to provide compassionate, high quality care for patients with a variety of diseases of the esophagus. As leaders in their fields, our physicians are dedicated to using cutting-edge endoscopic, diagnostic and therapeutic technology to provide the best possible outcome for each and every one of our patients.
Our gastroenterologists have pioneered the management and treatment of Barrett's esophagus and early esophageal cancer. We have one of the largest volumes of Barrett's esophagus patients in the country at our state-of-the-art facility.
Barrett's esophagus is a premalignant condition of the esophagus in which exposure of the distal esophagus to acidic gastric fluid or other stimuli alters the normal esophageal tissue. Patients with Barrett's esophagus may or may not have symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux (GERD) but have a greatly increased risk of developing esophageal cancer.
Here at the Center we bring the newest research and technologies together with personalized patient care to treat Barrett's esophagus and many other conditions, including acid reflux, eosinophilic esophagitis, and motility disorders, as well as esophageal cancer and other tumors.
Conditions We Treat
The Center for Esophageal Diseases combines cutting-edge technology with personalized patient care to treat a variety of conditions.
- Barrett’s esophagus management
- Enhanced dysplasia detection techniques for Barrett’s esophagus
- Endoscopic therapy for esophageal dysplasia and early cancer
- Endoscopic ultrasound (including fine needle aspiration) for esophageal tumors
- Esophageal stent placement for esophageal tumors
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Cryoablation therapy
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Narrow band imaging
- Video laser endomicroscopy
- Confocal endomicroscopy
- High-resolution manometry
- pH (Bravo) and impedance testing
- Endoscopic treatment for achalasia (POEM – peroral endoscopic myotomy)
- Endoscopic esophageal dilation
- Endoscopic botulinum toxin injection
- Esophageal manometry
- Pharmacologic management (drug treatment) of GERD, eosinophilic esophagitis, and motility disorder